TalkiPlay for Educators Professional development program 2023
TalkiPlay for Educators is a comprehensive program delivered in 2023.
It is suitable for early childhood educators’ professional development, delivering four 60-minute live online training sessions and a six-part online modular training schedule comprising five 18-minute videos designed to build educators’ capabilities.
The program incorporates training, role modelling and professional discussions to generate improved child-led activities for communication and language development.
Educator professional development program Includes:
- Live online training sessions on speech & language development skills in an early learning setting
- Demonstrations of TalkiPlay in action
- How to create learning groups
- Why and when to select learning games
- Using additional expressive language
- Benefits of child-interest-led learning, and
- Understanding inclusion for children with differing language abilities & its impact it has on social communication skills.
Incorporating techniques to discover children’s interests (observation, verbal and non-verbal language, discussions with families); insights into language; communication delay for preschool children and the impact of language delay on school readiness; specific approaches to identify and set language goals; and reflective practice following implementation of the interventional games.